Your support for the OHIO Museum Complex helps us provide unique educational programming for Ohio University and K-12 students throughout the region.
The OHIO Museum Complex is a place to learn through play, outdoor programming, and reflection. We use a teaching museum model to enhance science literacy and to promote health and wellness for the Ohio University community and beyond, including those in southeastern Ohio and throughout Appalachia.
Your gifts are essential as we expand collections and research laboratory space. Grant funding provides additional resources for educational programming.
The OHIO Museum Complex boasts an indoor/outdoor museum experience with dynamic exhibit galleries, learning laboratories, and the Outdoor Museum trail system, with waypoints of interest throughout the campus and region.
The museum complex also features:
- Student research in the collections
- Guest curators and Explorers in Residence
- Exhibitions that cross disciplines and highlight OHIO’s research and creativity
- World-class collections, from natural history to fine arts, archaeology to innovation
- Design Cafés showcasing Ohio University’s research and creative activity
- A priceless local natural history collection for research and educational outreach
Your gift to the Museum Complex will support a museum without boundaries.
Bridging campus and community, connecting art with science, wellness, and the environment. Cultivating transdisciplinary connections to showcase Ohio University’s research, creative activity, and innovation.
In a region where the closest major science museum is over an hour away, expanding Ohio University’s Museum Complex to embrace science and environment offers exciting possibilities for new partnerships, funding, and educational outreach opportunities. Stakeholder audiences include preschool (e.g., Child Development Center), K-12 (Athens Public Schools, with expanded STEAM outreach into rural underserved communities including those in southeastern Ohio, northern Kentucky and West Virginia, home school audiences), Ohio University (undergraduates, graduate students, faculty and staff), and the general public (all ages).
Be a part of our future and help us support all students in the region. Imagine...
- A museum without walls between traditional academic disciplines, sparking curiosity, creativity, and problem solving.
- World-class collections, from natural history to fine arts, archaeology to innovation.
- An idea-collider and a place to learn through play, outdoor programming and reflection.
- Educational programming and Design Cafés showcasing Ohio University’s research and creative activity.
- An indoor/outdoor museum experience exploring dynamic exhibit galleries, learning laboratories, and the Outdoor Museum trail system, with waypoints of interest throughout the campus and region.
HONOR THE PAST
EMBRACE THE PRESENT
Screen grab from Ohio Today's The Ridges Green Interactive Map (Building 1, Second Floor, Photo 6)
BUILD FOR THE FUTURE
Your gift to support the OHIO Museum Complex will help revitalize the ridges into a vibrant, interconnected museum without boundaries.