The OHIO Veterans and Military Student Services Scholarship Fund exists to support student veterans whose benefits have been exhausted: whether due to degree change, longer program requirement, or for a variety of other reasons.
Out of the roughly 700 veterans and currently serving members enrolled across all of OHIO campuses, we have approximately 60 students in this situation every academic year.
Unlocking the potential that lives in the OHIO Veterans and Military Student Services Scholarship Fund is our first step toward something bigger. We invite you, during the month of November when we honor those who have served in the United States Armed Forces, to help us support these students at Ohio University.
In recognition of the approximately 60 students who may need help throughout this 2021-22 year, we hope that you’ll make a gift of $60, $600, $6,000 (or whatever you’re able) to help us serve student veterans who have exhausted their higher education benefits.
Some Facts about Veterans at OHIO:
- 700+ veterans and currently serving members
- Over 300 dependents and spouses using VA education benefits (transfer of entitlement or dependent education assistance)
- 3,000+ students who have indicated some form of military affiliation: mom, dad, or self
- Dedicated Veterans Lounge scheduled to open in Lindley Hall in spring 2022
- OHIO Has been awarded Military Friendly® status for 10 straight years
- Ranked 50th on Military Times' Best for Vets: Colleges
Thank you for supporting Ohio University as it works to help its students who served in the United States Armed Forces with a gift to the OHIO Veterans and Military Student Services Scholarship Fund!