Competing in Division 1 NCAA athletics takes more than talent – it takes dedication, determination, and a willingness to get back up anytime you miss the shot. Competing amid a pandemic comes with its own set of obstacles. This is the time to rally behind our student athletes! This, Bobcats, is the time to rise.
- 11 conference titles
- 3.63 team GPA in the spring of 2021
- 17 All-American athletes
Meet The Athlete:
Kendra Sheehan '21 and current Physical Therapy Graduate Student
"One of my favorite aspects of playing for OHIO is knowing there is a close-knit community of Bobcat fans cheering you on wherever you go. I have been able to form amazing connections with each coach, teammate, faculty, and staff member, making me feel right at home in Athens."
"As a student athlete you spend a lot of time juggling school and sport, making it so important to have a support system to keep you on track. At OHIO our coaches and academic advisors have done an amazing job, making sure we are thriving in both. Through study hall hours, tutoring, and flexible meeting hours, there are so many opportunities to excel in the water/on the field and in the classroom."
"Coming in your freshman year you are faced with many expectations. Continuing through the program, you come to realize the importance of each tradition and high standard that the leaders before you have set. It is very important that we represent the school appropriately in and out of the pool and continue to set those expectations for the younger athletes."
Your generous gift to this OHIO campaign will help student-athletes succeed in and out of the pool
Your actions now will make OHIO Swimming & Diving's $15,000 goal quickly attainable. Here are four things alumni, families, and fans can do to support a bright future for these student-athletes:
- Make a gift here, in support of this Time To Rise: OHIO Swimming & Diving 2022 crowdfunding campaign.
- Mail a check (payable to The Ohio University Foundation) to The Ohio University Foundation, PO Box 869, Athens, OH 45701; be sure to write Women's Swimming & Diving Support Fund on the memo line.
- Talk with Annual Giving's Matt Thomson '13 about a transformational gift to support this sport.
- If you want to explore making a charitable gift to this campaign with a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) from your Individual Retirement Account (IRA), giving via a Donor Advised Fund or stock transfer, please also reach out to Matt Thomson.
To support all of OHIO's student-athletes, give to the Ohio Bobcat Club through the give.ohio.edu site, write Ohio Bobcat Club on your check, or ask Matt Thomson about Ohio Bobcat Club membership and benefits