Let’s “Light Up” and Support the 110
And help them look as good as they sound!
Your time at OHIO was enriched by their sound and talents. They represent our authentic Bobcat pride and literally provide the soundtrack of Ohio University from the bricks of Athens to beyond.
As we welcome alumni and friends home to Athens for Homecoming 2022, we want to thank and recognize the members of the Marching 110, who generate an incredible crescendo for the OHIO Experience.
This year, when you make a gift to the Marching 110 Equipment Fund, your contribution helps to reduce the financial burden for band members.
Would you be surprised to learn costs for practice uniforms, dry cleaning, spats, and gloves are often covered by 110 members? Your contribution to the Equipment Fund helps to offset these costs and build contributions to this fund. The value of some of these costs is illustrated as suggested giving levels.
Now you can take an active role in supporting “The Most Exciting Band in The Land” and help them look as good as they sound!
Former Members Make a Match Happen
Shawn Hurley, BSEE '05, BS Eng. Physics '05 & Tracey Hurley, BMUS '06
This year, former 110 members Shawn Hurley and Tracey Hurley are contributing $5,000 in matching funds to support this effort. Now your dollars are matched up to $5,000, making even more impact.
Details About Match: This match will double the impact of your gift — your $110 will have the impact of $220! Note: The match will be updated manually and applied throughout the campaign.
Above: 110 Members looking sharp in practice uniforms; 110 members looking stellar in performance uniforms.
Give your gas money to the 110
If you can’t make it home to campus this year, illustrate your support by helping these players who curate the unforgettable moments that last forever. Defer the cost you might have spent to travel to Athens with a gift that supports a member for a year or even four. From $5 to $110 to $1,100, there is an amount that meets their needs and yours.
From the field to the bricks
Take an active role, leave your mark just as they do from formation on the field to marching on Court St.
Your generous gift to this OHIO campaign will help Marching 110 members
Your actions now will make the participation goal of 110 donors quickly attainable. Here are five things alumni, families, and friends can do to support a bright future for band members:
- Make a gift here to support this Stand Up And Cheer For The 110 crowdfunding campaign.
- Set up a monthly gift to The Marching 110 Equipment Fund by using the Give to Ohio University donation form. Your first gift will count in the crowdfunding total and will be matched by the Hurleys' matching gift, too.
- Mail a check (payable to The Ohio University Foundation) to The Ohio University Foundation, PO Box 869, Athens, OH 45701 — be sure to write the name of the fund on the memo line. For example, "Marching 110 Equipment Fund."
- If you want to explore making a charitable gift to this campaign with a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) from your Individual Retirement Account (IRA), giving via a Donor Advised Fund or stock transfer, please reach out to Sarah Schneider.
- Share this campaign on your social media accounts to help spread the word. Hi-O!
Details About Match: This match will double the impact of your gift — your $110 will have the impact of $220! Because the match cannot be applied automatically, when you make this $110 gift, the campaign balance will only increase by $110. Several times each week, the Office of Annual Giving will update the Shawn and Tracey Hurley Match listing on the Donor Wall, showcasing all donors' gifts being doubled (up to $5,000). The Hurleys' match was fulfilled on Oct. 5! Thank you donors!