Your gift today supports students participating in the Karol A. and Joann Ondick Engineering Ambassadors Program while they serve as advocates for Russ College of Engineering and Technology and create an impact that lasts, forever.
Our ambassadors are one of the most visible aspects of Russ College and serve as a resource not only to the college but to the entire University while gaining crucial leadership and interpersonal skills.
Ambassadors assist current students with major exploration, joining professional organizations, advise on campus life, charity initiatives such as food drive, collect feedback from students and pass it on to Russ leadership, represent our students during accreditation visits, and most importantly, participate in active recruiting events such as OHIO Discovery Day.
The 2022 Russ College of Engineering and Technology Ambassadors on Friday, Oct. 7, 2022, on the steps of West Green's Academic & Research Center
Ambassador Fast Facts:
- 20 students are selected each year to join the program
- In each cohort, there are two students representing each academic major
- Ambassadors wear many hats:
- serve as representatives for their departments
- guide prospective students on campus tours
- perform service activities
- attend special events with alumni and corporations
Through their responsibilities to the college, ambassadors establish a personal connection with alumni and visitors. Engineering ambassadors often serve as mentors and role models to other students, finding success in the classroom, in their student organizations, in their internships, and their post-graduate careers.
Make a gift today to support this fantastic program and these deserving students.
Your generous gift during this campaign will show your support for our Russ Student Ambassadors
Your gift matters now more than ever. Thank you for supporting the ambassadors program!
- Make a gift here, supporting this Rally For Russ - Show Support For Engineering Ambassadors crowdfunding campaign.
- Mail a check (payable to The Ohio University Foundation) to The Ohio University Foundation, PO Box 869, Athens, OH 45701; be sure to write the Engineering Ambassadors-Sp on the check memo line.
- If you want to explore making a charitable gift to this campaign with a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) from your Individual Retirement Account (IRA), giving via a Donor Advised Fund or stock transfer, or discuss opportunities for transformative giving, please reach out to Tim Binegar.
Looking to make a gift to a different OHIO fund? Visit give.ohio.edu/funds and search our database of over 2,000 funds, all aimed at supporting our students, faculty, and campuses.