It’s no secret that being a Division I athlete is challenging. Training and competing at a high level, while also excelling in the classroom takes intense dedication, and the Bobcats Volleyball team have exuded that both on and off the court, posting remarkable achievements on all fronts. We are asking for your support to continue to provide life-changing opportunities to our student athletes!
Help us reach our fundraising goal of $20,000
Once the campaign reaches 20 donors, we will unlock $1,000 from David Brightbill
WHY SUPPORT OHIO VOLLEYBALL
During the 2022-23 season, the OHIO Volleyball student athletes demonstrated unwavering dedication, resulting in huge steps forward, finishing 20-12 (13-5 in the MAC), for their best record since 2015. Other notable achievements include
- Three 2022-23 All MAC players, all of them returning this year
- Reaching the second round of the NIVC Tournament
- Qualifying for the MAC Tournament
In addition, the Bobcats demonstrated remarkable commitment in the classroom, posting a 3.37 team GPA in the Spring 2023 semester. Other Academic accomplishments include:
- Nine Athletes were selected to Academic All-MAC Teams
- USMC/AVCA Team Academic Award for 3.3+ Team GPA
Your generous contributions to this campaign will have a substantial impact, directly benefiting Ohio Bobcats Volleyball in the following ways:
- Enhanced Travel Opportunities: supporting non-conference tournament travel, international travel, and creating opportunities for athletes to try out for Team USA
- Nutritional Support: Providing meals for student athletes on road trips
- Recruiting: To be the best, you need to recruit the best athletes. Donations will support our coaching staff’s recruiting efforts
- Support Staff: providing the team with student managers, who are critical to the running of the program
BE A GAMECHANGER
By donating to Ohio Bobcats Volleyball, you are contributing to the success of our student-athletes, helping them reach new heights on and off the court. Your commitment to our team ensures that we can continue to strive for excellence. Join us today in supporting Ohio Bobcats Volleyball and be a game changer for our dedicated student-athletes!
A MESSAGE FROM COACH CARLSTON
"Our volleyball student-athletes and program thrive because of the community of supporters that are on this journey with us. Whether it is a transformational international trip, improvements to our locker room, or enabling our players to train with the national team, the financial contributions to the volleyball team positively impact our young women for life."
- Head Coach, Geoff Carlston
A MESSAGE FROM MACI WATROUS
"We appreciate the generosity and the consideration of donating towards our program more than can be described. In years previous, the contribution to our team’s crowdfunding has helped provide our program with improved training resources, enhanced nutrition availability, and irreplaceable team experiences. From a program that values authentic relationships and gratitude, we take pride in our ability to connect with our advocates and express our appreciation for your support and thoughtful intentions. This crowdfunding opportunity not only allows for our program to gain valued encouragement from the community but also assists in the unity and recognition of women in sports.
I am so grateful to be a part of a community that believes, trusts, and supports the irreplaceable experience for young women in college athletics. The Ohio Women’s Volleyball program has allowed me to flourish in my confidence, establish friendships that will last a lifetime, and accumulate lessons that will follow me well beyond my time as a player. These factors that have shaped my experience as an Ohio Bobcat could not have been made possible without the outpour of generosity from the Bobcat family. On behalf of the Ohio Women’s Volleyball team, we greatly appreciate your generous support and contribution in helping transform the program into what it is: a timeless representation of unity and community for many years to come."
- Senior, #20, Maci Watrous
Your generous gift to this campaign and OHIO Volleyball will help student-athletes succeed on and off the court.
Your actions now will make OHIO Volleyball's $20,000 goal quickly attainable. Here are three things alumni, families, and fans can do to support a bright future for Volleyball student-athletes:
- Mail a check (payable to The Ohio University Foundation) to The Ohio University Foundation, PO Box 869, Athens, OH 45701; be sure to write "Volleyball" on the memo line.
- Talk with Brendan Clark '22 & '23 from the Ohio Bobcat Club about making a transformational gift to OHIO Volleyball.
- If you want to explore making a charitable gift to this campaign with a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) from your Individual Retirement Account (IRA), giving via a Donor Advised Fund or stock transfer, please also reach out to Brendan Clark
To support all of OHIO's student-athletes, give to the Ohio Bobcat Club, write Ohio Bobcat Club on your check, or ask our staff about Ohio Bobcat Club membership and benefits.