Competing in Division 1 NCAA athletics takes more than talent – it takes dedication, determination, and a willingness to get back up anytime your back is to the mat. Competing amid a pandemic comes with its own set of obstacles. This is the time to rally behind our student athletes! This, Bobcats, is the time to rise.
Last year through a successful campaign, OHIO Wrestling was able to upgrade their training facilities. Much like the continued growth and success of our program, we are raising the bar this year with an increased fundraising goal of $50,000 to help offset various team costs. Raising $50,000 will help this program and our student-athletes succeed on every level.
Your generous donation to this campaign will help cover team expenses, primarily:
- Offseason tournament appearances
- Wrestling room equipment
- Travel and Lodging costs
- Invitational entry fees
- Recovery items
You Can Help Unlock $20,000 For OHIO Wrestling
Four donors have stepped up to incentivize giving in support of OHIO Wrestling. At four milestones, your gifts can help unlock $20,000 in additional support for the team.
- When the campaign balance hits $5,000, Darrin Mossing will gift Wrestling with an additional $5,000! —unlocked on February 8th! Go Bobcats!
- When the campaign balance hits $15,000, John Duffy will gift Wrestling with $5,000! —unlocked on February 11th! Go Bobcats!
- When the campaign balance hits $25,000, Dr. Randy Wroble will gift Wrestling with $5,000! —unlocked on February 16th! Go Bobcats!
- When the campaign balance hits $35,000, Tim Courtad will gift Wrestling with $5,000! —unlocked on February 23rd! Go Bobcats!
These gifts from Mossing, Duffy, Wroble, and Courtad will not appear automatically — but don't be alarmed, they'll be added to the campaign and reflected in the totals within 24 hours of each milestone.
Meet The Athlete:
Alec Hagan '21 and current Coaching Education and Leadership Graduate Student
"My favorite aspect of wrestling for OHIO is being able to pursue my dream of being a college wrestler while earning a degree and representing the best university in the world."
"I think time management is a huge challenge while being a student-athlete. Fortunately, my academic advisors, coaches, and trainers have made things a lot easier for me. Whether that was assisting me with signing up for classes, scheduling doctor appointments, or relaying messages and updates through Teamworks. There are tons of resources that OHIO offers to their student-athletes in order to put us in a position to succeed."
"Being an athlete, one must hold themself to a higher standard. I know every decision I make outside of the wrestling room not only affects my reputation but also the program’s, and my teammates. I must set the right example for my teammates being an older guy on the team — by doing the right things in the wrestling room, classroom, and in my social life. Being mindful of my role within the team has helped steer me to being a better leader."
Your generous gift to this OHIO campaign will help student-athletes succeed on and off the mat
Your actions now will make OHIO Wrestling's $50,000 goal quickly attainable. Here are four things alumni, families, and fans can do to support a bright future for these student-athletes:
- Make a gift here, in support of this Time To Rise: OHIO Wrestling 2022 crowdfunding campaign.
- Mail a check (payable to The Ohio University Foundation) to The Ohio University Foundation, PO Box 869, Athens, OH 45701; be sure to write Wrestling on the memo line.
- Talk with Annual Giving's Matt Thomson '13 about a transformational gift to support this sport.
- If you want to explore making a charitable gift to this campaign with a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) from your Individual Retirement Account (IRA), giving via a Donor Advised Fund or stock transfer, please also reach out to Matt Thomson.
To support all of OHIO's student-athletes, give to the Ohio Bobcat Club through the give.ohio.edu site, write Ohio Bobcat Club on your check, or ask Matt Thomson about Ohio Bobcat Club membership and benefits